Complete the booking form and send it with your deposit or full payment (whichever is applicable) to The Sport & Travel Group Ltd t/a Signature Safaris. In all cases a booking form must be signed and returned with a non-refundable deposit (or full payment) together with the insurance premium which will be notified by us at the time of booking and will be shown on your invoice (see travel insurance below).
A booking will be considered firm when the deposit or full payment has been received by and accepted by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris and a confirmation invoice issued, showing the balance due. If for any reason we are not able to accept your booking your deposit will be returned in full.
On Group bookings we reserve the right to exclude from group activities, or in serious cases, send home anyone who places any member of the group in danger because of his/her actions or who causes problems or severe discord amongst the group.
Special requests should be indicated on the booking form at the time of booking or made in writing. We will try to meet all special requests, but cannot guarantee their availability, nor will we be liable if any special request is not fulfilled.
Where rooming companions are requested (same gender) on The Sport & Travel Group t/a Signature Safaris group tours, although we will do our best to find a suitable companion with a similar background and interests, it will be at your request and we therefore cannot be held responsible for any clashes of personality etc.
The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all persons named on the booking form and all are subject to these conditions.
Personal payments by consumers are accepted by either by cheque, debit card or direct bank payment. For bookings made within 28 days of departure full payment will be accepted by direct bank payment only. Payments using a commercial credit card may be accepted but a supplement of 1.8% will be added. The final balance is due 12 weeks prior to departure or as shown on your invoice. If not paid by the said date your booking may be subject to cancellation by us and liable to full cancellation charges as shown on your invoice.
Please note that all arrangements booked through The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris is covered by our ATOL (No. 5865) or ABTA (Y1665).
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS PRICE
Prices quoted in our literature are based on airfares, tariffs, costs and taxes current at the time we went to print, often many months before the travel season. Whilst The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris makes strenuous efforts to adhere to the prices quoted in our literature or advertising, we reserve the right to notify you of any increase in the literature or advertised price before accepting your booking.
After a confirmation invoice has been issued, the price of your travel arrangements is subject to surcharges on or in relation to the following items; increase in transportation costs (including fuel and airfares) Governmental action, exchange rate variations, increases in scheduled airfares, overlying charges and fees chargeable for services (including land taxes and embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports). Only amounts in excess of 2% will be surcharged. However where a surcharge is payable, there will be an administration charge.
Surcharges will be notified by a supplementary invoice sent to you; if a surcharge increases the total Travel Arrangements price shown on your original confirmation invoice by more than 12%, you may cancel your booking within 7 days of the date of issue of the supplementary invoice and obtain a full refund of all payments made to The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris, except for Travel Insurance and any amendment charges previously incurred.
You may choose to pay for your Travel Arrangements in full at the time of booking, in which case the price will be fixed at the cost quoted by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris at that time. To take advantage of this benefit you should return the confirmation invoice to The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris with full payment to reach us within 7 days of the date shown on the confirmation.
Should the value of Sterling strengthen, we will not be able to reduce Travel Arrangements prices as all Travel Arrangements will have been pre-booked by us at the prevailing rate at that time.
The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris operates all reasonable checks to ensure that everybody involved in making your travel arrangement maintain the appropriate standards
THE SPORT & TRAVEL GROUP LIMITED T/A SIGNATURE SAFARIS OBLIGATIONS
The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris accepts liability for the proper performance of its obligations under its agreement with you for the provision of your Travel Arrangements. If you have a justified complaint about any of the services forming any part of the Travel Arrangements that we have confirmed or any excursion organised by us, we will pay you reasonable compensation in accordance with these Booking Conditions.
If you or any member of your party suffers damage by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris failure to perform, orThe Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris’ improper performance of, its agreement with you for the provision of your Travel Arrangements
The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris accepts liability except in the following circumstances:-
1. If the failure or improper performance is your fault or the fault of any member of your party.
2. If the failure is the fault of someone else not connected with the provision of the services which make up the Travel Arrangements which The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris has confirmed to you.
3. In the event of any unusual and unforeseeable circumstance beyond The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris control the consequence of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
4. If any event occurs which The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris or the supplier of any service which forms part of the Travel Arrangements, even with all due care could not foresee or forestall.
5. If the failure or improper performance is part of an activity, tour or journey not booked by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris as part of our contract prior to departure.
The Sport & Travel Group Limited d t/a Signature Safaris shall offer when possible (and without prejudice) prompt general assistance to any client who through mishap suffers difficulty, illness, personal injury or death during their Travel Arrangements with us, and arising out of an activity which does not form part of the Travel Arrangements that The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris has confirmed
The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris liability will not exceed any limitation applicable under any international convention governing or relating to the provision of the service complained of, even if that convention has not been ratified by or applied in the United Kingdom or any limitation under The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris professional indemnity and liability insurances.
Luggage, valuables and all other personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at your risk unless and to the extent that loss or damage is proved to have been caused by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris negligence. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits GThe Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris liability for its duty to exercise diligence in making arrangements for your Travel Arrangements or its liability save as set out above.
If The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris makes any payment of compensation or financial assistance to you or any other individual named on the booking form in respect of any loss, damage, injury, illness or death caused by any other person then The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris will be entitled to be subrogated to the rights of such person. This means that The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris will be entitled to claim in place of you or that individual person against the person responsible (up to the amount paid by us) and that you and each individual agrees to assign the relevant part of their rights to us to enable us to do so.
Representatives and Agents are not entitled without The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris express authority to alter itineraries, cancel arrangements or tickets, make or promise refunds on our behalf or obtain loans or services or incur telecommunications expenses on your behalf.
The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris is a Travel organiser only – The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris does not control or operate any airline, shipping company, coach company, transport or any other facility or service mentioned in our literature and The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris therefore contracts on your behalf with the supplier of such facilities and services. When you use such facilities or services (e.g. when you are carried by a particular airline) the standard terms and conditions of such supplier will apply to you. Such conditions, some of which will limit or exclude liability in certain circumstances, and which may be subject to international conventions between countries, may be inspected or, on request, will be available from The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris.
Amendments and Cancellation
CANCELLATION OR ALTERATION BY YOU
1. If you wish to cancel or amend your booking The Sport & Travel Group Limited Limited t/a Signature Safaris will make every effort to assist you. Requests for amendment or cancellation must be in writing, and signed by the signatory of the booking form. Amendments received and made 60 days before departure will incur an amendment charge of £40 per booking, plus any communication charge or other expenses incurred by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris. In some circumstances amendment/cancellation fees may differ. In this event those shown on the booking form will take precedent.
2. If you cancel your booking, the following general scale of cancellation charges will be payable based on the number of days prior to departure written notice of cancellation is received at our office.
Prior to 84 days forfeiture of deposit
83 – 60 days prior 40% of total Travel price
60 – 30 days prior 75% of total Travel price
29 – 7 days prior 90% of total Travel price
Less than 7 days 100% of total Travel price
(In certain circumstances cancellation charges may differ. If this is the case the charges will be clearly shown on your confirmation invoice and these will take precedence over the charges shown here).
3.The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris are unable to make any allowances for accommodation, meals or other services not utilised by you during your Travel Arrangements. Furthermore, no refund can be made for travel tickets lost, destroyed or mislaid.
4. If you are unable to take your Travel Arrangements because of illness, redundancy, unavoidable commitments at work, jury service, death or illness of a close member of the family, it may be possible to transfer your Travel Arrangements to a person acceptable to The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris. You must request the transfer in writing at least 30 days in advance and prior to ticket issue. Your request for a transfer must be accompanied by documentary proof of the reason for the transfer, complete details of the person replacing you and written confirmation that your replacement agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions listed. The administration fee will be £80 per person plus any charges levied by the suppliers. It is important to note that airlines sometimes charge a 100% cancellation fee in addition to the cost of a new ticket.
CANCELLATION OR ALTERATION BY THE SPORT & TRAVEL GROUP LIMITED T/A SIGNATURE SAFARIS
1. The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris has made every effort to ensure that the information, description and prices quoted in its literature are accurate at the time of printing. The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris reserves the right to advise you of any change, including any price changes, before accepting your booking.
2. After a confirmation invoice has been issued, The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris makes every effort to operate the Travel Arrangements as printed in the literature. On some rare occasions The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris may have to modify a Travel Arrangement prior to your departure. If the modification is significant i.e. change of flight time by more than 15 hours, a change of international airport (except between airports serving the same city e.g. Heathrow and Gatwick) a change of destination or a change to lower standard of accommodation, The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris will advise you as soon as practicably possible. You may or may not accept the modification.
3. However, if you cancel and receive a full refund following a significant modification made for any reason other than Force Majeure, you will receive the following compensation, depending on the length of time before the date of departure that you are informed of the change.
More than 42 £10 per person
21 – 41 £20 per person
8 – 20 £25 per person
0 – 7 days £30 per person
4. Force Majeure means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris control, the consequences of which neither The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris nor its suppliers could avoid, including but not limited to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, hostilities, political unrest, Government action or airport regulations, natural or other disaster, nuclear incident, weather conditions, technical problems with transportation, closure of airports, fire, flood, drought, temporary technical breakdown in an hotel or apartment.
5. If there is a minor modification before your departure (any change not included in the definition of a significant modification as set out above) The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris will notify you, although it is not obliged to do so, nor is it obliged to pay any compensation.
6. If you fail to pay the balance of the Travel Arrangements price at least 12 weeks 84 days) before departure or as shown on your invoice, we will treat your booking as cancelled and levy the cancellation charges set out in Clause 2 above.
7. If The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris has to cancel your Travel Arrangements in any other circumstances before your departure GThe Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris will do its best to offer you Travel Arrangements of a comparable standard or will give you a full refund. The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris pay compensation as set out in Clause 3a.
Under current EC regulations we are obliged to ensure that you are adequately covered with travel insurance at the time of travel. When taking out cover we strongly recommend that you read all the small print since some conditions and activities may be excluded. For example you may not be covered if travelling against medical advice and certain conditions will not be covered if they were an existing medical condition known at the time insurance was taken out. These usually can often be covered at an additional cost. If in any doubt please ask. You should also be aware for certain activities such as safaris you would only be covered under a travel insurance policy provided it was booked prior to departure and as part of the package by a UK Tour Operator.
Safari Wildlife Habitat Indemnities
As part of your travel arrangements you may have elected to visit such areas as, National Parks, Zoos, Private Game Reserves or Wildlife Habitats. In these areas there may be wild animals or potentially dangerous situations. You should be aware that in the majority of these areas you may well be asked to sign an indemnity indemnifying the principals and their agents against such occurrences as injury or death in the event of any accidents.
Whilst every reasonable care will be taken by the safari lodge or activity owners to avoid any mishaps, accidents can happen. In most instances if these indemnity forms are not signed on arrival the safari lodge or activity operator may not allow you to take part in such activities or game drives, bush walks, riding or rafting etc. If you would be unhappy to sign such an indemnity then please carefully consider your choice of holiday.
By booking with The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris you accept these terms & conditions and you acknowledge that you and all others within your booking are acquainted with, aware of, and appreciate:
- the real hazards and risks associated with wildlife areas, game and nature reserves and game lodges (which may be situated in unfenced wildlife areas);
- the hazards and risks associated with rivers, streams, lakes and other bodies of water that may be affected by unpredictable weather, tides and other circumstances, and that may not have effective warning or control systems that might be expected in first-world jurisdictions;
- the real dangers and risks associated with various forms of travel in remote locations, which usually have poorly maintained infrastructure;
- the danger and risk of suffering bodily harm, injury, illness, death, damages as well as loss of or damage to property, which may arise as a result of an encounter with or presence of wild, dangerous or unpredictable animals (including birds, mammals, amphibians, reptiles, fish and insects), as well as the prevalence of communicable, tropical and other diseases, and similar health hazards; and
- the risks associated with undeveloped or partially developed countries and jurisdictions, including acts of terrorism, the unavailability of reliable electricity and communications, and problems associated with limited or unavailable health, safety and security services.
The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris use the scheduled services of the World’s major international airlines. These are rarely subject to lengthy delays. In the unlikely event that this does happen, responsibility for arrangement for meals, overnight accommodation etc., will rest with the airline.
Whilst offering all possible advice and assistance all passport, visa and health certificate requirements are your responsibility and The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris accept no responsibility for any delay or expense incurred through any irregularity in your documents. You are advised to consult The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris for exact details if uncertain.
If you have a problem
If you are unhappy with any of the arrangements made by The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris on your behalf while you are on your travels, you should inform The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris , the hotel or our representative or other supplier whose services are involved, so that the we will have an opportunity to correct the matter during your stay. If you fail to do so, any rights you may have will be reduced. If any problem cannot be resolved locally and you wish to complain, full details must be sent to The Sport & Travel Group Limited t/a Signature Safaris in writing within 21 days of your return from your travel. Disputes arising out of, or in connection with this contract which cannot be settled amicably, may be referred to arbitration. The Association of Travel Agents (ABTA) offer an independent arbitration service details of which can be found here.
This contract and any matters arising from it are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Your Financial Protection
The air holidays and flights in the itinerary are ATOL Protected, since we hold an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL) granted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) or by The Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA). Our ATOL number is 5865 and our ABTA No. is Y1665. When you buy an ATOL protected air package holiday or flight from us, you will receive a Confirmation Invoice confirming your arrangements and your protection under ATOL No. 5865 or ABTA No. Y1665. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking.
For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk.